This Asian-influenced sesame dressing is a light accompaniment for pretty much any vegetable that can be steamed: asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, green beans, snow peas or sugar snap peas. (If you substitute another longer cooking vegetable, remember to adjust the steaming time accordingly.) Serve this as a light starter before a heartier soup or stew. Serves 4.
- Prepare 2 cups of the vegetable by trimming and/or cutting into equally sized pieces
- Place a steamer basket over about ½ inch of water in a large, shallow pan and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a gentle simmer, place the vegetables in the basket and cover
- Steam until tender and bright green, 4-7 minutes
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by mixing together:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Pour the dressing over the steamed vegetables and serve.