This is probably my favorite way to cook potatoes. Like the little black dress, this is a simple classic that goes with everything. This is also a versatile recipe, which you can make on the grill during the summer as well as in the oven during the colder months.
Herb-Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Time to make: 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes
What you need:
- ¼ lb. red potatoes per serving, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. olive oil per serving
- ½-1 garlic clove per person, minced, to taste
- fresh herbs, such as rosemary, mint or parsley, snipped
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Combine the garlic, and olive oil, and toss it with the potatoes, salt and pepper
- Spread the potatoes in a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil
- Roast for about 20 minutes, covered
- Remove the foil, stir the potatoes and sprinkle with the herbs
- Roast another 10-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are browned and fork-tender
Note: If you happen to have leftover potatoes, reheat them by sauteing them gently in olive oil or butter until browned and warmed through. Voila! Nearly instant home fries.