Besides salad dressing, vinegar has many uses around the house. I have taken to buying huge jugs of white and apple cider vinegar. It doesn’t go bad (it already has!) and I always find more ways to use it. Also, I know it’s non-toxic, and it’s cheap!
Here are some more uses for vinegar:
- Hair rinse: Mix apple cider vinegar with warm water and pour over your head for a natural conditioner.
- Shower spray: Mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water and a few drops tea tree oil and spray in your shower to discourage mildew.
- Kitchen counter cleaner: Mix ½ cup white vinegar, ¼ cup baking soda and a few drops of orange essential oil with water in a spray bottle.
- Vegetable spray: Mix half and half white vinegar and water to spray produce before washing; this kills most of the bacteria.
- Dishwasher rinse: Run the dishwasher empty with 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Microwave cleaner: Heat a bowl of vinegar and water in the microwave, then sponge it out. This loosens any cooked-on messes.
- Hardwood floor cleaner: Mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part warm water and spray on the mop head until it’s lightly damp to safely clean hardwood floors.
- Toilet bowl cleaner: I sprinkle in some baking soda, then splash in some vinegar; let it sit about 30 minutes, then scrub.
- 62 Little Known Uses for Vinegar
- Vinegar Remedies for Common Ailments
- Uses and Tips from the Vinegar Institute